Sunday, August 23, 2009

Next Phase....

"The storm starts, when the drops start dropping. When the drops stop dropping then the storm starts stopping."Dr. Seuss

I think that pretty much sums up the way the challenges in life go isn't it?

I saw the oncologist on Wednesday the 19th and everything looked good which means that I don't have to go back until November. She did say that the chemo effects sometimes takes a couple of years to go away and for some they never go away...fortunately most of my effects have diminished and I'm hopeful that the rest will do the same soon. For those of you who haven't seen me lately my hair has started to grow back but it is hard to tell what the end color result will be...right now it is a mix of salt and pepper....that's probably what it REALLY was before I quit coloring it!

My reconstructive surgery is scheduled for September 18th at Mercy Hospital in Des Moines. This will be the first of 3 surgeries which will take somewhere between 9 and 12 months according to the docs....There are a number of restrictions after the surgery for a couple of weeks including NOT being able to lift my arms up any higher than my shoulders. I told the doctor that it all makes sense now! That's the reason you lose your hair because you can't raise your arms to wash or fix it! I'm really not looking forward to the whole surgery thing again (ugh!) but ....onward and upward!

We moved Mol to the dorms today. Moving Molly looked similar to moving the girl of Legally Blonde to the dorm with all of the pink stuff. She and Hannah have a really nice room and the move went pretty smooth....they have a few days before classes start and there are so many great activities to participate in that I'm thinking about signing up for college again! Right now it really doesn't seem strange because she hasn't been out of the house for even one night. I am sure it will set in before long....probably when Neal and I realize that we only have each other to talk to!

I guess that is about all I have right now. Thanks to everyone who has continued to follow this blog and my cancer journey.

"I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!"Dr. Seuss

No comments:

Post a Comment