Thursday, January 28, 2010

Post Op..AGAIN

Well another surgery under my belt...or is that under my chest...whichever, it is done. My implants are in place and I did get to come home last night. Dr. Yen explained to Neal just where the leak was located and it was in a completely different place than the other leak was. Nobody has an explanation since I am the only patient they have had that has had 2 expanders leak on the same side, but Dr. Yen has a staff meeting among his peers and once again I get to be the topic of conversation. I'm beginning to think I fell from another planet!

So far, recovery hasn't been too terrible. I'm pretty sleepy because of the pain meds, but I'm really doing pretty well if I do say so myself!

Looking back, it has been a fast year. I was diagnosed on the 16th of January 2009, had my mastectomy on January 28th and my second surgery for my lymph node removal on February 18th, 2009. A year later and I'm still having surgeries! Just can't get enough I guess. HA!

Once again, thank you to all of my family and friends for the support, thoughts and prayers, cards, and food. One of the things I have been blessed with is great family and friends.

Thank you friends and I will leave you with this great quote!

" A real friend is someone who walks in when the rest of the world walks out."
Walter Winchell

1 comment:

  1. So glad things seem to be improving Lori. Will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete